Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Does Christianity Work?

It depends on what you mean by "work."

If you are asking, "If I do what you tell me the Bible says I should do in the way God says I should do in how I approach my work, will I have a stable job that will give me a financially secure future?", I can't make any promises.

If you are asking, "If I do what you tell me the Bible says I should do in the way God says I should do it in how I pastor my church, will it grow numerically and will all the people love and appreciate me?", I can't make any promises.

If you are asking, "If I do what you tell me the Bible says I should do in the way God says I should do it in how I treat my spouse, will (s)he turn into a loving, godly, delightful person towards me?", I can't make any promises.

However, if you are asking, "If I repentantly believe in the Lord Jesus as the Bible says to do, will I be saved?", I can say an unqualified "Yes."

If you are asking, "If I come to the Lord Jesus, can I depend on Him never ever to cast me out", I can say an unqualified "Yes."

If you are asking, "If I believe in the Lord Jesus, are my sins washed away forever, am I reconciled to God, am I His child, will I be kept by His power through faith to the end?", I can say an unqualified "Yes."

If you are asking, "If I do what you tell me the Bible says I should do in the way God says I should do it, will that please and glorify God?", I can say an unqualified "Yes."

And if you are asking, "If I do what you tell me the Bible says I should do in the way God says I should do it, whatever the cost, will I be unreservedly grateful to God that I did it — within the next hundred years?", I can say an unqualified "Yes."

No comments: